Title : The use of aerosol nanocatalysis technology is one of the new directions of industrial development
Currently, the success of the chemical industry is associated with the use of heterogeneous catalysis on carriers. It is also called traditional catalysis. The majority of modern scientific works in the field of catalysis include:
• The search for catalytically active substances and mixtures,
• The improvement of their structure and the choice of carrier material,
• The technology of preparation and methods of fixing the active substances on the surface of the carrier.
The most important problems considered the problems of activity, poisoning and regeneration of catalysts. Despite the technology with a catalyst on a carrier has a development in chemistry and covers a wide range of raw materials and processes. The difficulties of this catalysis are associated with both a reduction in the possibility of full use of the technology, and a rapid deactivation of the catalyst. The technology of aerosol nanocatalysis (AnC), developed by us, reduced the effect of these difficulties.
This technology is based on the use of a catalyst without a carrier in the aerosol. It is crushed to nanoscale in a reactor in situ. The constant mechanical and chemical activation of the surface of the catalyst nanoparticles in the reactor allows:
• Maintains high catalyst activity;
• Increases the reaction rate (104 –106 times based on the weight of the catalyst when compared with traditional catalysis);
• Reduces the catalyst concentration (up to 0.3–5 g/m3 of the reaction volume);
• Reduces the reactor volume (2–10 times);
• Allows you to even reach the catalyst surface with reagents;
• Uses reagents in any aggregate state.
The first publication on AnC technology appeared in the journal The Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Technology in Russia in 1996. The technology AnC began with the technology with a fluidized bed reactor. During the development of technology, about 50 individual substances and about 30 real industrial wastes were investigated. The obtained results of laboratory studies were confirmed in four pilot plants in Russia, Ukraine and Sweden. Unfortunately, the technology of aerosol nanocatalysis has not received further industrial development.
The technology AnC under laboratory conditions develops in a vibro-fluidized bed reactor. It is convenient for studying the kinetics of chemical reactions in the laboratory. Also, there is a new development in the reactor with a rotating bed. It is effective in chemical interaction and easy to use in industry. The technology of aerosol nanocatalysis has proven itself well in both ecological processes and some syntheses of chemical compounds.
Audience Take Away:
- The technology of aerosol nanocatalysis is one of the new promising areas for the development of the chemical and petroleum refining industry.
- The technology of aerosol nanocatalysis will be interesting for enterprises and companies related to environmental issues.
- The technology of aerosol nanocatalysis will allow scientific organizations to take a fresh look at the kinetics of chemical and physical processes simultaneously.
- The technology of aerosol nanocatalysis is universal and mobile for various chemical transformations.