Title : Visible light mediated photoredox catalysis for C-O bond manipulation
Application of visible light catalysis has revolutionized the field of organic synthesis by providing much efficient and greener alternatives to many important organic transformations. Visible light mediated reactions require a photocatalyst that absorbs the visible light and engage it in the single electron transfer (SET) or energy transfer process with the substrates. In this presentation we will be demonstrating our recent work on C-O bond breaking and C-O bond making by using visible light photocatalysis and their application in the field of natural product synthesis, carbohydrates and amino acids.
Audience Take Away:
- Application of visible light mediated photocatalysis and scaling-up for industrial use.
- To utilize visible light photocatalysis for greener and efficient synthesis of biomolecules.
- Importance of visible light photocatalysis and its application in bond manipulations.
- Yes, this provide a practical solution to a problem that could simplify or make a designer’s job more efficient.
- Yes, it improves the accuracy of a design, or provide new information to assist in a design problem.